Author Topic: RPG should be limited even more  (Read 2880 times)

Description:

FakeTinG

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
RPG should be limited even more
« on: December 27, 2021, 11:44:13 pm »
idk if i should post here, but since i play A/D mostly cuz of its playercount, I thought I could try to suggest lowering RPG presence in server, eventually by making its ammo lower

if RPG had around like 8 (totally lower or equal with 8, cuz over 10 it's gonna cause disaster) rockets instead of 15-20, then the amount of random deaths could be lowered down
not to mention how annoying it is to get killed by an rpg out of nowhere, or be chased to it
I'm posting this because all players in server seem to complain about the same thing, and that is getting randomly killed by the rockets from far away

whereas if rockets were limited, for example interior maps would be way easier accessible than having to dodge so many rockets and still have to deal with the assault rifles that come with it... (not brawl maps, classic interior ones)

Harold

• View Profile
    • Awards
Re: RPG should be limited even more
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2021, 04:43:28 pm »
I think RPG system is good for now atleast, there are only few players who knows how to use rpg. So there is no need to change the system.

Hazard

• VC:AD Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2021, 06:58:36 pm »
its a/d, no.

FakeTinG

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2021, 09:59:44 pm »
it's A/D, but it's very cheap
it's annoying to get hit by rpg from far building or just when you're trying to fight someone
at least lower the ammo so that a player will remain out of RPG much easier..

Gohan

• Management
  • =TLA=Deko.
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2021, 11:01:10 pm »
it's A/D, but it's very cheap
it's annoying to get hit by rpg from far building or just when you're trying to fight someone
at least lower the ammo so that a player will remain out of RPG much easier..
if you lower the ammo then rpg will be useless.. no.

FakeTinG

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2021, 12:20:02 am »
well, it beats wasting the entire enemy team with just 2-3 rockets

think of it, if you limit the RPG then it will need to be used smarter, it can't be abused anymore
RPG is an OP weapon, and 15 rockets are very much, especially when there's just for example 3 players vs 3 players

and if you go against 8-9 players, there's moments when 1 rocket can explode & knock 4-5 players at a time, depending on distance between them and their place..

MasterOz

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 29, 2021, 04:17:45 am »
Multiple things can be done :-

- Lower the damage to 57 HP per 100% damage done.
- Change the ammo given according to player count in casual gameplay. Keep it at 15 RPG ammo in 5v5 or 6-8 players each team. Make it 20 in 8+ players per each team.

I would argue regarding a thing that it's too powerful that it can wipe out a team, knock players in a group etc.
I want to ask what and why the fuck would a group of teammates stay together knowing RPG is alive?
 If your team is dumb then it's not others fault because people in A/D normally know how to counter RPG most of the time. It's a tactical game-mode, if you spend time you'll also get familiar to some other stuff except hardcore DMing.

Imagine if RPG is nerfed then there's no guarantee you wouldn't rant about removing it nor you would hover over to remote nades, snipers and shit what not lol.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 04:19:42 am by MasterOz »

FakeTinG

• Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: December 29, 2021, 02:10:39 pm »
Multiple things can be done :-

- Lower the damage to 57 HP per 100% damage done.
- Change the ammo given according to player count in casual gameplay. Keep it at 15 RPG ammo in 5v5 or 6-8 players each team. Make it 20 in 8+ players per each team.

I would argue regarding a thing that it's too powerful that it can wipe out a team, knock players in a group etc.
I want to ask what and why the fuck would a group of teammates stay together knowing RPG is alive?
 If your team is dumb then it's not others fault because people in A/D normally know how to counter RPG most of the time. It's a tactical game-mode, if you spend time you'll also get familiar to some other stuff except hardcore DMing.

Imagine if RPG is nerfed then there's no guarantee you wouldn't rant about removing it nor you would hover over to remote nades, snipers and shit what not lol.

the thing with change rpg ammo according to playercount could work, yes

snipers, remotes or grenades are much easier to dodge than an rpg lol, i can tell you from now those weren't the problem

so you mean that DMing is not part of this gamemode? just *TACTICAL* ?

well how come I haven't seen anyone be so *TACTICAL* so far? what tactic, hide and wait for enemy to come at CP so you can torment him? this is pretty childish, players want action not random & cheap deaths
the difficulty itself comes from the gamemode, not the players

Sean

• VC:AD Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: December 29, 2021, 03:08:16 pm »
There's a counter to everything in A/D gamemode. It doesn't favour only M4/M60 users like every other gamemode does. Every set has its weakness, you just need to be smart enough to figure em out. Every set has been decided by the community itself and we have concluded many times that it's completely fair. Any experienced A/D player would have no issues against RPG.

so you mean that DMing is not part of this gamemode? just *TACTICAL* ?

well how come I haven't seen anyone be so *TACTICAL* so far? what tactic, hide and wait for enemy to come at CP so you can torment him? this is pretty childish, players want action not random & cheap deaths
the difficulty itself comes from the gamemode, not the players

A/D depends on predicting the opponent's strategies and forming our own based on that. The gamemode you're calling childish is one of the oldest custom gamemode in this game and it's still one of the most played gamemode. Just check out any of the official match videos if you're keen on checking out the tactics. However, if such stuff annoys you then I'm sorry this gamemode might not be for you.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2021, 03:16:50 pm by Sean »