Author Topic: Question and FAQS  (Read 3642 times)

Description:

Siezer

• Management
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
Question and FAQS
« on: November 09, 2021, 05:40:31 pm »
If you've any questions regarding MAGNA 2021, you are free to ask in the same topic. Our team will try to answer them as soon as possible.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 06:03:56 pm by Siezer »

709z.

Re: Question and FAQS
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 06:05:27 pm »
What is MAGNA 21 known for?

Siezer

• Management
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 06:09:27 pm »
What is MAGNA 21 known for?

I was expecting this question but you can say it is kind of similar to A/D events which you've played before but with super random teams and this time we planned to keep it short and more entertaining. Event Description will be published tomorrow so you can read and make up your mind. I understand your concern.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2021, 06:13:17 pm by Siezer »

Spiller

• Designer
  • VC:AD Web Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2021, 08:20:58 am »
What's gonna be the method of ping warnings this time?
Please don't tell me referees will manually watch F5 scoreboard.

Siezer

• Management
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2021, 11:59:41 am »
What's gonna be the method of ping warnings this time?
Please don't tell me referees will manually watch F5 scoreboard.

We are still discussing about the rules and plan to improve this whole method from staff side. Sadly, you might not like but apparently it looks like we will go for manual system by referees but they will be given several instructions and has to go through testing phase before official matches. Our staff believes, auto-removal by server is way too strict especially in A/D game-mode and when someone is at spawn and got just a little spike which results in removal is kinda annoying or unpleasant.

Spiller

• Designer
  • VC:AD Web Admin
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2021, 07:01:48 am »
auto-removal by server is way too strict especially in A/D game-mode and when someone is at spawn and got just a little spike which results in removal is kinda annoying or unpleasant.

Nothing that a good amount of if-else can't fix. The F5 scoreboard doesn't update in realtime.
It will be very disappointing if a manual system is going to be enacted even after knowing that. Because a warning being handed out will depend on if the spike was registered on the scoreboard or not, assuming referees can catch all of them.

I'd like to suggest you to perhaps think about increasing the number of warnings to get removed, the interval of warnings, or the limits themselves to make it less strict but more consistent. If that's still a long road, you can display these spikes/jitter to the staff, and they can decide to hand out warnings for them.

Siezer

• Management
  • Topic Author
    • View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2021, 02:21:41 pm »
We are testing our automatic system after making some changes. We are hopeful about it, will let you know if we are successful or it goes the way we expect.

S3Z4R

• View Profile
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: January 13, 2022, 03:48:53 pm »
Can a team play two consecutive matches?

Like a team played a match in a round already. Can they propose other teams and finish the group stages earlier?